David Young’s Radical Views on Women’s Health Care Are Focus of New Cindy Axne Ad
Young is opposed to abortion in cases of rape, incest – and voted to limit women’s access to cancer screenings
Rejected Congressman David Young’s radical views on women’s health care choices are the subject of a new ad released today by Cindy Axne’s campaign.
The ad, titled “Decision,” highlights David Young’s votes on women’s health care and positions on a woman’s right to choose, including:
- Young’s belief that women who are victims of rape or incest shouldn’t have access to abortions.
- Young’s voting record of denying women access to contraception and life-saving cancer screenings.
“David Young’s radical views and voting record on women’s health are too extreme for Iowa’s Third District. There’s only one candidate on the ballot in central and southwest Iowa this fall that can be trusted to protect access to health care and a woman’s right to choose – and that’s Cindy Axne,” said Ian Mariani, spokesperson for Cindy Axne for Congress.
Cindy Axne is committed to protecting women’s health care access and their reproductive rights. In Congress, Cindy has fought for women’s health by:
- Supporting prohibitions on restrictions on reproductive healthcare that don’t apply to similar medical care by co-sponsoring the Women’s Healthcare Protection Act.
- Co-sponsoring the reauthorization of the Violence Against Women Act.
- Voting to support investments in women’s health, including for female veterans and servicemembers.
The new ad is now airing in the Des Moines media market.
Cindy Axne: I’m Cindy Axne and I approve this message.
Vanessa Phelan: I’ve always stood up for women’s rights. I just can’t believe we’re still having to fight these same fights because politicians like David Young keeping attacking our right to make decisions about our own health care.
Phelan: In Congress, Young voted to limit women’s access to contraception and cancer screenings. He supports banning all abortions, even for victims of rape and incest.
Phelan: Here’s one decision David Young can never take away from me. I’m not voting for him.