Rejected Congressman David Young’s party bosses are trying sing-along gags this week in another attempt to distract from their candidate’s record and distort Cindy Axne’s record of getting things done for middle class Iowans.
No matter what song David Young’s party bosses are singing, here’s the truth about Cindy Axne:
- Cindy Axne has fought against combat political corruption and to get money out of politics while also fighting back against taxpayer funded perks.
- Cindy Axne cosponsored and helped pass the “For The People Act,” which requires disclosures of donors from Super PACs and “dark money” groups.
- Axne also authored legislation to prevent members of Congress from using taxpayer dollars on first-class travel and ban members from becoming lobbyists after their tenure.
And while David Young sold out his vote for Iowa when Washington Republicans threatened to pull their funding, Cindy Axne has stood up to her party in Washington when they were doing the wrong thing for Iowa:
- Cindy Axne opposed legislation that include millions in taxpayer-funded spending for things like computers for Members of Congress.
- Cindy Axne also stood up to her party when they wanted to gut assistance payments for Iowa farmers.
- While David Young supported a tax bill that gave over 83% of its benefits to the wealthiest 1% of Americans and added billions to the federal budget deficit, Cindy Axne has fought for fiscal responsibility in Washington – including by fighting any level of congressional pay raise until the federal budget is balanced.
“David Young and his party bosses are resorting to knock off sing-alongs to try to change the tune of this race – but another week of cartoonish gags and sexist labels won’t distract Iowa voters from Young’s dangerous record on health care, tax breaks for the big corporations, and failing to stand up to his party,” said Cindy Axne for Congress spokesperson Ian Mariani.